Our purpose is to make the arts an accepted component of health.
What We Do
We use evidence-based practice to:
- Deliver arts projects that improve people’s health and wellbeing and encourage participation in arts activity.
- Change healthcare delivery and improve patient experiences.
- Help health organisations use the arts to achieve their aims and objectives.
- Improve the impact of health care messages by delivering them through arts activities.
- Arts are embedded in healthcare settings (e.g. hospitals, aged care facilities, community health centres, schools, family services, community hubs, and health promotion agencies).
- More people have an opportunity to participate in the arts and to feel better.
- More artists who are trained, supported and well-equipped, working in health care settings.
- Inclusiveness – all Australians have access to arts and health programs.
- Integrity – our methods are evidence-based and put into practice.
- Excellence – we value professional standards and quality in both outcomes and processes, for the arts and for health.
The Institute for Creative Health has identified four strategic goals that provide a focus for our work over the next five years.
Goal 1 Embed arts practice within healthcare settings.
Goal 2 Maximise arts practice within the community.
Goal 3 Strengthen the capacity of artists and organisations to deliver quality arts and health programs.
Goal 4 Maintain a strong organisation.